Monday, December 2, 2013

Have yourself a Geeky little Christmas

"'One can never have enough socks,' said Dumbledore.  'Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.'"  -J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

I don't lament with Dumbledore's statement, bring on the books for my Christmas presents!

It is time to trim the tree again, which means it is time to share my Christmas tree.  I made or painted the majority the ornaments on the tree, and added the "Angel" to the top.  Everyday the tree makes me smile and allows me to add something new when I get the urge.



In sticking with the fact that this blog is dedicated to books, the first ornament I am going to share is my Twilight/vampire inspired ornament. 



Materials:
  • Red felt
  • White embroidery floss
  • Sewing Needle
  • Red Thread
  • Polyfill 
  • Scissors (for fabric)
Directions:
  1. Cut out a pair of lips from red felt.
  2. On one lip with the embroidery floss and needle, embroider a set of fangs and teeth.
  3. With the fang side facing in, stitch the lips together.  Leave just a little bit of room open at the end.
  4. Flip the lips so that the stitching is on the inside and stuff with polyfill.  
  5. Stitch off opening.
  6. Attach a loop with embroidery floss or the red thread.  
  7. Hang on your tree for your first geeky ornament.

If you aren't into Twilight, might I suggest Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice. This is the first book in The Vampire Chronicles.  Good thing it's scarf season, less likely to get bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment