Sunday, March 8, 2015

Bobble Heads

"And will you succeed?  Yes, you will indeed! (98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed)." -Dr. Seuss

Today, I am celebrating the end of my Dr. Seuss themed blogs.  I originally saw the idea for a "spring chicken" in Family Fun Magazine.  I liked the idea so much after making one of my own that I decided to make my own bobble head, but shaped like the fish and bowl from the Cat in the Hat.  It could be done for almost anything.  Maybe I will make a Horton Hatches the Egg inspired one for next year.  


For the Goldfish Bobble Head:

Materials:
  • Orange, White, Blue, and Black Polymer Clay
  • Spring taken out of an old pen
Directions:
  1. Using the white polymer clay shape the bottom of the fish bowl.  Add a lip to the fish bowl by rolling out a long snake of clay and wrapping it around the top of the bowl a single time.
  2. Add blue to the bottom to create the water in the bowl.
  3. Shape the fish out of orange clay.  Add fins and tail.
  4. Shape two small circles for eyes out of white clay. Add to the fish
  5. Shape two smaller circles for pupils out of black clay.  Add to the eyes.
  6. Attach the fish to the spring and then attach the other end of the spring to the bowl.
  7. Bake in the oven at 250 degrees for 20 minutes.
Enjoy your bobble head!


No comments:

Post a Comment