Monday, August 19, 2013

Cookie Monster Earrings

"Sometimes me think 'What is Friend?' and then me say, 'Friend is someone to share the last cookie with." -Cookie Monster



I grew up on Sesame Street.  I watched the at night specials, remember listening to Ernie sing 'Rubber Ducky', and Cookie Monster will always love cookies more than veggies in my heart.  I have been into making polymer clay earrings recently.  These Cookie Monster earrings are adorable and fun for everyday wear.

Cookie Monster Earrings:

Materials:

  • Black, Brown, Blue, and White Polymer Clay
  • Stud Earring Backs
  • Toothpick
  • Superglue or E6000
Directions:
1. Form two circles (one blue and one brown) with polymer clay.
2. Shape the brown clay circle to look like it had a bite taken out of it.  
3. Add black clay dots to the brown clay to form the chocolate chips.
4. Form two white circles of clay and add them to the blue clay circles for eyes. Add two black dots to the eyes to form the pupils.
5. Add some black clay to form a smile.  
6. Add some brown clay on top of the smile to form a cookie.
7. Using the toothpick etch into the blue clay to create 'fur'.
8. Bake clay in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
9. Let cool.  
10. Glue the stud earrings onto the backs of the earrings.  Let dry.




Wearing the Cookie Monster earrings!

Getting hungry?  Bake with the Cookie Monster in 'Yummy Cookies: Baking with Kids'.  

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I just caught up with your blog, you have a lot of adorable stuff! P.S. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allison! I miss you too! We need to get together soon.

      Delete