Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Show Your Friendship: Make a Bracelet

"I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calender." -Robert Brault



Everyone who has ever been a camp counselor knows how to make a friendship bracelet.  Be it the simple spiral twist, the candy stripe, the chevron, or more complicated designs.  My new personal favorites include the square design and the fish.  

If you want to learn some new bracelet types, or just learn some simple ones, check out http://friendship-bracelets.net/index.php

Also, a good book to read while making these bracelets (if you are that talented) is The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares.  This book is all about the summer and the bonds of friendship.  Make some bracelets for your book club members or make them as a group and exchange during the meeting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment