Sunday, May 24, 2015

Onomatopoeia Comic Book Wall Decoration

"This. This is what I am.  This is who I am. Come hell or high water if I deny it, I deny everything I've ever done. Everything I've ever fought for." -Green Arrow, Green Arrow Vol. 2 # 51

Shout out to free comic book day this year! My little cousin experienced free comic book day for the first time this year, and I think he enjoyed it.  We have a standing invite for next years event.  Using some of those books I made a fun wall decoration of comic book inspiration. (And who doesn't love a word that is associated with how it sounds?)


Materials:
  • Cardboard
  • Comic books
  • Scissors
  • Glue stick
  • Paint brush
  • Paint
Directions:
  1. Cut strips of comic books and glue to a cardboard base.
  2. Paint on a jagged boarder around the outside of the picture.
  3. Paint the comic book onomatopoeia of your choice in the center of the painting. Let dry.
  4. Frame and hang!
Make a set of three and you have a perfect decoration for a children's room or library!


I even like it before the paint was added.




No comments:

Post a Comment