Monday, May 25, 2015

Recycled Monster Holder

"I may not be sure if monsters exist, but I'd rather live my life in doubt than be persuaded by a real experience of one." -Gregory Maguire, Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West

I am horrible at throwing away shampoo bottles from my shower.  Which is why I wanted to make a craft out of them.  These little monsters are adorable, and have multiple uses.  I use mine as a pencil holder, but attach a magnet and use it to hold things on your fridge!  Or attach it to a suction cup and use it to hold razors or other items in your shower.  The cutting should be done by an adult, but it would be a fun for a kid to decorate the monster in the way they would want. 


Materials:
  • Shampoo bottle
  • Scissors
  • Sharpie
  • Shipping labels
  • Hot glue gun
Directions:
  1. Remove label from shampoo bottle.
  2. Cut bottle into the monster shape.
  3. Cut arms and hands for the monster.
  4. Attach them to the base.
  5. Cut eye(s) for the monster out of shipping labels and add pupil dots.
  6. Cut the mouth out for the monster out of shipping labels. Draw in teeth and color the mouth part in.  
  7. Add labels to the monster.

If he wasn't made out of plastic, I think I would hug him!  



No comments:

Post a Comment