Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Hatchet Inspired Bracelet

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better.  It's not." -Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

When I asked my brother what his favorite children's book was he said either Hatchet or Oh the Places You Will Go.   I personally only remember him reading sports chapter books, but I am probably an unreliable resource since my nose was buried in my own books.  Hatchet seems to be a favorite among pre-teen males.  It looks at survival and the human condition.  Survival bracelets are very popular right now and seemed appropriate when talking about this book.




I made mine from watching this YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw-BKZbtOD4

I have been making friendship bracelets for years, so trading up to making one of these was really easy.  As the daughter of a former boy scout leader I have the mantra "Be Prepared" constantly ringing through my ears.  Now at least I can look fashionable as I head that advice.

(I bought my cord from Walmart and used a tiny carabiner as the clasp).

No comments:

Post a Comment