Monday, July 14, 2014

Companion Cube Plush

"The Enrichment Center is required to remind you that the Weighted Companion Cube cannot talk. In the event that it does talk the Enrichment Center asks you to ignore its advice." -GLaDOS, Portal


The first time I heard about the video game portal I was at a wedding with my boyfriend. I had been talking about how good the cake was going to be (I had sampled the flavors at the bridal shower) and because he waited so long he said that the cake was a lie. My friend and I had to ask what he was talking about, but the groom laughed when we told him.  When I found this post on creating a portal cube, I knew I had to make one for the boyfriend. 

Note: The colors on the pattern are not the colors shown in the picture on the tutorial but are the colors on my plush.  Also look carefully in the comments section to see part II of the tutorial, I missed that part and had to guess.  Not hard to guess how to finish in though. This would make a great pincushion, or use only rice to create a fun heating pad (ironic considering it was thrown into an incinerator).


The boyfriend also showed me this clip.  So Portal was created by ghosts?  

No comments:

Post a Comment