Sunday, September 29, 2013

Earring Holder

"I do like having my ears pierced, because there are a lot more choices in pierced ears than clip-ons, and they are a lot more comfortable to wear.    Sometimes I completely forget I've got them in and end up going to sleep wearing them."  -Jennifer Garner

If you haven't been able to tell, earrings are how I like to make my statement.  They are just the right amount of flashy, without being overstated.  I had been making so many earrings, I was starting to run out of places to put them.  I found a cheese grater from a dollar store and had some left over ribbon laying around, so I decided to make a earring stand out of these items.  I know I could spray paint it to all be the same color or even paint designs onto it, however I like the cheese grater look.





There will be more earring posting in the future.  No need to worry.


If you are looking for a good book to read that has a little something to do with earrings, read the book Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier.  This is a historical novel (and movie) about the famous painting by Johannes Vermeer.  The narrator in the book is Greit, who is a servant in the Vermeer household.  She inspires the famous painting and shows she is strong and brave in the process.  It is a fun read, especially for those art lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment