Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Iron Man Earrings

"If you try to escape, or play any sort of games with me, I will taze you and watch 'Supernanny' while you droll into the carpet." -Agent Coulson, Iron Man 2

So,  Today was a big day in Marvel Universe.  Marvel's Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. premiered tonight and Iron Man 3 came out on DVD.  Pretty good day overall.  Agent Phil Coulson just makes me smile, so it was good to see him again on Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D.  I wore my S.H.E.I.L.D. earrings tonight, but my Iron Man ones have made the rounds lately.  They are really easy to make and fun to wear.


Materials:

  • Red Polymer Clay
  • White Polymer Clay
  • Gold Polymer Clay
  • Earring Findings
Directions:
-Shape two pieces of clay into rectangular pieces.  Make one side slightly wider than the other on both pieces.
-Take gold clay and form the main mask features.  These will have a big U shape where the bottom of the U is very thick.  A strip of gold clay will also go below this U while saving some room to let the red show through. Do this to both sides.
-Add two eye slits with white clay to each earring.
-Attach findings and bake the recommended amount of time.

If you want to read the Iron Man book based on the screenplay, Iron Man by Peter David is available.  It appears to stick close to the movie and looks like it could be a quick and easy read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment