Thursday, November 21, 2013

Mockingjay shirt

"I wish I could freeze this moment, right here, right now and live in it forever." -Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire

I saw a mockingjay shirt on pinterest, but the site did not tell me how to make it.  I was able to use reverse tie dye and screen printing techniques to make my shirt.



Materials:

  • Black T-shirt
  • Bleach
  • Freezer Paper
  • Iron
  • Paint Brush
  • X-Acto Knife or scissors
  • Cardboard
Directions:
  1. Print out a copy of the bird image onto the non-waxy side of the freezer paper.
  2. Cut out the image.
  3. Iron the image onto the shirt.
  4. Insert cardboard between shirt layers.
  5. Pour/sprinkle bleach onto the shirt, spread out with a paintbrush if needed.
  6. Remove the image and rinse shirt off.
I love the rustic look of this shirt. The look makes it look like the extra marks were part of the fight.


The image I used.


No comments:

Post a Comment