Monday, November 18, 2013

Yellow Submarine Earrings

My quote for the post, mostly because it fits so well with what makes me happy.


If you don't remember from my painting to The Beatles post, I love The Beatles.  A few months back I made yellow submarine earrings (although after working on a submarine during my teen years, it might be my least favorite song of theirs).



These were super easy to make.  I molded the submarine out of yellow polymer clay, and added three white polymer clay dots for port holes.  I then baked the earrings at 225 degrees for 10 minutes, let cool, and attached the earring backs with E6000.

I just finished read another Clive Cussler novel, Atlantis Found.  This is another adventure featuring the legendary Dirk Pitt.  At one point in time, the hero comes across a WWII U-boat.  Not a direct tie, but it did remind me of my submarine earrings.  Not very accurate depictions of submarines, but fun none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment