Sunday, January 11, 2015

Map Candles

"Old stories are like old friends, she used to say.  You have to visit them from time to time." -George R.R. Martin, Storm of Swords

I am having a Game of Thrones viewing party this coming weekend.  Plus, season 4 is being released on February 17th!  I am doing what I always do before a party, which is crafting!  One of the fun, simple things I made was a set of candle holders with maps of the south, the north, and Valyria.  Since I use the LED candles, I didn't have to glue the paper down the maps can be exchanged for other maps.  So, the marauder's map, a map of Middle Earth, Narnia, Oz, and the map of Florin are just some possibilities. 


Materials:
  • Glass Vases
  • Printed Maps
  • Scissors
  • LED Candles
Directions:
  1. Put maps in the candle holders.  Cut the map to fit in the vase.
  2. Add any additional map to the holder if the original did not wrap fully around.  
  3. Turn on the LED light and put into the candle holder. 


No comments:

Post a Comment