Saturday, March 9, 2013

Painting to The Beatles

"I'd like to end up sort of... unforgettable." -Ringo Starr


A few years ago I was talking to a friend about how I wanted a Beatles themed wedding but my boyfriend would not allow such a thing.  A guy that we both knew looked a me and said, "Break up for your boyfriend and marry me!".  The Beatles really are, well like Ringo wanted, unforgettable.  There music spans across generations, races, cultures, and styles.  Even people that dislike The Beatles, still have one song of theirs that they seem to enjoy.  For me, to say I enjoy The Beatles might be a little bit of an understatement.  (I have a Beatles themed guest room).  When I heard about painting coloring sheets over at Punk Projects, I knew I wanted to paint with The Beatles.  

The Boys
My Fav!

Materials:
Coloring Pages (I went online and printed mine off Google Images)
Paint
Paint Brush

Directions:
1. Paint in the sections with the colored paint being careful not to paint over the black lines (harder than it sounds).
2. Paint over the black sections with black paint.
3. Frame and enjoy

Painting that needs the black outlines yet.

Finished paintings (Nowhere Boy in the background)
I painted the pictures while listening to The Beatles and watching "Nowhere Boy" (a movie about John Lennon's teenage years).  The paintings do get a little warped, but I think frames will help with that.  My Beatles themed room will appreciated the new decor.   

No comments:

Post a Comment