Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Gingerbread Houses

"Janie works hard, of course, and she's a good wife and mother but do you know she's never once made a gingerbread house with her children?"  -Mildred Hastings

Every Thanksgiving my family has a gingerbread house competition.  My little cousins, brother, and I use graham crackers, frosting (or water with powder sugar), and tons of candy to create whole scenes.  So this weekend, when I made a gingerbread house at a friends Christmas party I was all ready. Gingerbread kits make this so much easier.  Do not forget to frost the gingerbread houses to the cardboard (the mistake my rookie friends made).  A solid foundation holds the house up. 


The little ones aren't quite as clean when they are making theirs, but then again they are too busy eating tons of candy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment