Friday, December 13, 2013

Mousetrap Magnets

Calvin: "This whole Santa Claus thing just doesn't make sense.  Why all the secrecy? Why all the mystery?  If the guy exists why doesn't he show himself and prove it?  And if he doesn't exist what is the meaning of all this?"  Hobbes: "I dunno.  Isn't this a religious holiday?"  - Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes

I started receiving Christmas cards in the mail, so I had to find somewhere to hang them.  I had seen an Admiral Ackbar mousetrap, and thought how cool would it be to have that as a refrigerator magnet and have the mousetrap part hold my mail and other things.  I made the Admiral (get it?  It's a trap!)  and some other traps to hold all my Christmas cards for this season.



Materials:

  • Paint
  • Puff Paint
  • Owl stickers
  • Magnets with peel backs
  • Scissors
  • Paint brush
Directions:
  1. Paint the mouse traps the colors you want them to be.  Let dry.
  2. With the puff paint, paint dots along the outside.  Let dry.
  3. Stick the stickers onto the mousetraps.  
  4. Cut the magnets to size and stick them to the back of the mouse traps.
  5. Hang the mousetrap magnets on your refrigerator or other magnetic surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment