Monday, December 9, 2013

Pine Scented Car-Freshener Wreath

"...freshly cut Christmas trees and smelling of stars and snow and pine resin-inhale deeply and fill your soul with wintry night..." -John Geddes, A Familiar Rain


Having a fake tree means I miss out on the smell of a pine tree.  I saw a wreath made out of air fresheners while searching the web recently, and decided I could do that, and make it Christmas-y.  Now my apartment smells more like pine than house with real trees probably get. 


Materials:
  • Cardboard
  • Pine Scented Car-Fresheners
  • Bow
  • Scissors
  • Hot Glue Gun
Directions:
  1. Cut out a base for the wreath out of cardboard.  I went with a circle a little bit bigger than a dinner plate.
  2. Hot glue the car-fresheners around the wreath frame.  I pointed all of my tree tops to the center.
  3. Hot glue the bow to the bottom of the wreath.  
  4. Use one of the already attached hangers to hang the wreath up.
Looking for an interesting Christmas tree book?  Try the Christmas Tree Ship by Carol Crane.  It is a story set on Lake Michigan about how Christmas trees were delivered to Chicago and other cities on Lake Michigan by boat.  


No comments:

Post a Comment