Sunday, December 29, 2013

Year in Review






"Let our New Year's resolution be this: we will be there for one another as fellow members of humanity, in the finest sense of the word." -Goran Persson

It is that time of year, where magazines, television shows, and everyone seems to be reviewing the year.  I am going through the months of my posts and choosing my favorite post.

January:  The blog wasn't around yet.  So, no post!


February:  Hunger Games Coasters.  The Hunger Games books are huge, as are the movies.  These coasters were my favorite post of February.  Also, The blog started on February 9, 2013.  

March:  Beautiful Creatures Book Bracelet. This was one of the first books read by the book club.  Fun to make and shows off the books well.  
April:  Angry Birds: Crafting the Revolution.  I love Angry Birds, and this year just seems to prove that. This game went over really well with 4 and 5 year olds.  Great age to just let them knock things over. 


May: Iron Man DIY T-Shirt.  Iron Man came out this past May.  This glow in the dark Arc Reactor shirt brought out the movie in style.


June and July:  A hiatus occurred.  The blog was on a break for the summer!

August: Divergent Window Clings.  Divergent was the book of the year. (At least in my mind).  With the movie coming out in 2014, Divergent is going to be sticking around for awhile!

September: Sand-bowl Center Piece.  My boyfriend started me on Clive Cussler books this past year.  I made this awesome bowl out of sand after reading Raising the Titanic.  


October: Water for Elephants Drinking Glasses.  In October I had a get together with a group of friends where we made these wonderful glasses.  I liked the irony of making water glasses for this book.


November: Chalkboard Vase with Starburst Flowers.  This was made after trying to figure out what to do with Starburst wrappers and wanting to make a fun vase.


December:  Have yourself a Geeky little Christmas.  I love my Christmas tree so very much!  It is so geeky and so very awesome!  



Happy New Year everyone!  



No comments:

Post a Comment