Monday, January 6, 2014

Calendar Gift Bows

"Thanks to my mother, not a single cardboard box has found its way back into society.  We receive gifts in boxes from stores that went out of business twenty years ago." -Erma Bombeck

I have been looking around for different ideas for crafts to be made out of calendars.  I found these bows and they were just perfect. I had long skinny calendars, which were perfect.  I didn't follow the directions (anyone surprised?) but did it my own way.



Materials:

  • Old Calendar
  • Scissors
  • Glue Stick
Directions:
  1. Cut out 5 to 7 strips out of the calendar.
  2. Glue one of the strips into a loop. 
  3. Reverse the loop on the other side and glue down. 
  4. Repeat this process with the rest of the strips.
  5. Glue the strips to each other in an overlapping, criss-cross pattern until you the the shape and the fullness of the bow you want.
The original directions called for a brand in the middle, which would maybe keep them stronger. Also, it would use a lot less glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment