Saturday, February 1, 2014

"Don't Panic" Towel Messenger Bag

"'This must be Thursday,' said Arthur to himself, sinking low over his beer. 'I never could get the hang of Thursdays'." -Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy



If you were wondering, the answer to the ultimate question of life is 42.  The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a great book about Arthur and Ford's escape from planet earth (before it gets destroyed to make a hyperspace bypass) and their adventure around the galaxy.  Its a good comedic story, overall.

In honor of this book, I made my towel (something every hitchhiker needs) into a nice tote bag and put the famous Don't Panic! on it.  This is very important advice indeed.  I found the original pattern while browsing the internet. Nerd at Night has the directions on how to make one for yourself.  

DON'T PANIC

I made this bag for a co-worker whose favorite phrase is, "Don't Panic".  I should have had more width to my zig zag when I was embroidering the letters, but this was one of my first times using my new sewing machine.  Practice will make perfect. I think this would make a great shower tote or beach caddie.  Otherwise, It is just a fun project for a fun book.

No comments:

Post a Comment