Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sahara Moon Sand

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." -Antonie de Saint Exupery

The latest book I read was Clive Cussler's Sahara.  Yes, the same book that was turned into a Matthew McConaughey movie (which I realized I have never seen). This was a book filled with environmental catastrophes, inhumane leaders, and Dirk and Al's ever present sarcasm. Clive's book always take me a while to get into them, but then the last 100 or so pages I can't put it down. 

Now, I struggled a lot trying to come up for a craft for this project, but what really stuck out to me was all the sand.  (Can't have the Sahara without it).  So, I decided to make some Sahara Moon Sand in order to commemorate this book. 



Materials:

  • 1/2 cup Sand
  • 1/2 cup Masa del Harina
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp Water
Directions:
  1. Mix together the sand, flour, and water.
  2. Add add flour to the mixture if it is still too runny.

This recipe is enough to make one batch (enough for one person to play with).  Add rocks or other items to add to your design.  I attempted to make a plane.  It is definitely not Kitty's plane though.  


No comments:

Post a Comment