Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Leaf Bowl

"There are very few monsters that warrant the fear we have of them". -Andre Gide

As an elementary student during free reading time, I would always want to read the book In a Dark, Dark Room by Alvin Schwartz and pictures by Dirk Zimmer.  I think it was because my parents were afraid of the gremlins before they turned evil, so I had an unnaturally early rebellious stage of being into scary things.  Okay, probably not, but I do remember that book.

A not scary at all tradition could be serving candy in fun and festive ways.  I know I make a lot of bowls and dishes, but that is because they are so simple and can be changed out as the season or mood presents.  Also, they tend to be rather cost effective.


Materials:
  • Balloon (on hand)
  • Elmer's glue or mod podge (on hand)
  • Bag of fabric leafs ($1)
  • Paint Brush (on hand)
Directions:
  1. Glue leafs onto the balloon to the size bowl you want.  Make sure to overlap them a little. Let dry overnight.
  2. Apply a second layer of glue. A paint brush helps to spread out glue quickly and easily.  Let dry over night.
  3. Pop balloon and remove excess glue.
Great for use all fall long!  

Work in Progress


No comments:

Post a Comment