Monday, October 7, 2013

Book Club Field Trips

"Enthusiasm is excitement with inspiration, motivation, and a pinch of creativity." -Bo Bennett



Sometimes, instead of coming up with my own project, I like to go somewhere where the projects are ready and people are available to teach new techniques or provide feedback as I am working on it.  There are many places to go that allow you to paint your own pottery, make different types of jewelry, paint, learn how to knit or crochet, ect. A few months back I posted about a bachelorette party I had been to where we worked on paintings.  One of my fellow book club members was also with me and we had a lot of fun.  The plate I painted and the necklace I made came from The Fire.  Although I did not go with my book club to The Fire, these kind of places would be a great place to go, discuss the book we read, and engage in a project (related or unrelated to the book).  If you are struggling to find a store near you to do some of these things, many major craft stores have weekend classes or events that you could attend.  Some of which are even free.  So, even if you struggle to come up with an idea for your book club craft, there is always a field trip to a local craft store or studio where you can create your very own unique items.





No comments:

Post a Comment