Sunday, October 13, 2013

Water For Elephants Drinking Glasses

"And then I laugh, because it's so ridiculous and so gorgeous and it's all I can do not to melt into a fit of giggles.  So what if I'm ninety-three? So what if I'm ancient and cranky and my body's a wreck? If they're willing to accept me and my guilty conscience, why the hell shouldn't I run away with the circus?" -Sara Gruen, Water for Elephants


The book Water for Elephants is told through the eyes of an aging gentleman who once worked for the circus.  This book is a fantastic love story that brings life into falling in love.  Also, you see how a person caring can make all the difference, especially in the life of one elephant.  

This craft was seen a few times on pinterest, so I decided to try it with a group of friends.  It seemed fitting for the book because of the bright colors and the fact that it holds water.  These are simple to make and all turned out different.  



Materials:

  • Glasses
  • Enamel Paint of Different Colors
  • Cue Tips
Directions:
-Turn glass over and dab paint dots on the glass using the cue tips.
-Dab on dots til it has the design you want.
-Let paint dry for one hour.
-Place glasses on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.


If you aren't into drinking water, then you can go for the votive look.  I enjoy the fall glow from this one.






No comments:

Post a Comment