Saturday, February 9, 2013

...And Some Metallic Paint

“When I get a little money, I buy books. If any is left, I buy food and clothes.” — Erasmus

Recently for me, this list has included metallic paint.  Nothing like gold paint to help fight off the  doldrums of winter.  

This months book is the "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel.  It is "a story to make you believe in the soul-searching power of fiction"-Los Angeles Times Book Review.  I can't give too much away since we haven't had our book club meeting yet, and the club hasn't finished reading it yet.

Richard Parker, the Bengal tiger, plays a key role in the story.  He was my inspiration for this months craft project along with cute animal jars I found over on http://heodeza.blogspot.com/
This is what I ended up with-



Materials:
  • Black Paint (Spray or Acrylic with Paint Brush)
  • Gold Paint Pen
  • E 6000 or Hot Glue Gun (with hot glue sticks)
  • Bengal Tiger Toy
  • Jar with Lid
Directions:

1. Paint lid of jar and tiger with black paint. Let dry.
2. Paint design on tiger.  
3. Paint quote from book on jar.  I chose "Love is hard to believe, ask any lover.  Life is hard to believe, ask any scientist. God is hard to believe, ask any believer.  What is your problem with hard to believe?" I altered from gold to black paint on each side of the jar. 
4. Glue tiger onto lid of jar.



Until my book club finishes reading "Life of Pi", I (like Pi(scene) Patel) have Richard Parker to keep me company.

No comments:

Post a Comment